1. WHEN DO WE PROCESS YOUR RESERVATION
On receipt of your deposit, subject to availability and at our discretion, Passionate Discoveries will process your holiday reservations on your selected holiday. A contract is only made between you and us upon your booking being confirmed and accepted by us and our communication thereof.
2. HOLIDAY PRICES
Prices mentioned on the website are indicative and starting cost. As we offer highly customised discoveries, the final prices will be offered after receiving your request for a final quotation or on receiving a booking deposit. The final cost will be subject to availability of the services requested; high season surcharges or block-out periods. If the final cost is not what you were looking for, you have the right to cancel and claim refund of your booking deposit within 7 days of notification without any penalty.
No surcharge in respect of cost except currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, airline taxes, government taxes and state laws will be made once payment of the deposit for your land trip has been received and the final prices are communicated. This guarantee excludes fuel surcharges and does not apply to any taxes, charges or levies imposed by any government or their agencies. In exchange for these guarantees, no refund will be made if costs are reduced.
3. IF WE AMEND OR CANCEL YOUR RESERVATION
4. PAYMENT POLICY
- 3.1 Passionate Discoveries reserves the right to change or cancel your booking in accordance with operating requirements or circumstances beyond its control.
- 3.2 Should change or cancellation prove necessary we will give you reasonable notice thereof, in the circumstances, and where available, offer you a comparable or better alternative.
- 3.3 If an alternative is not available or acceptable, you will be entitled to either a full refund of monies paid by you to us or transfer to another Passionate Discoveries Trail.
- 3.4 If the change or cancellation is due to force majeure (i.e. circumstances like political unrest, war or threat of war, riots, civil strife, closure of airports or ports, industrial disputes, terrorist activity, natural and nuclear disasters, fire, epidemic or health risk, Acts of God, adverse weather conditions or other similar events beyond our control) we will give a full refund of any monies paid to us less actual expenses incurred by us in respect of your booking.
- 3.5 Passionate Discoveries is not responsible for the costs of any other travel arrangements affected due to our cancellations or rescheduling of any trip.
5. BALANCE PAYMENT
- 4.1 In order to reserve your holiday, a deposit of INR 10,000 per person per trip, or a higher amount (subject to working days available before the departure) must be submitted to Passionate Discoveries in respect of that holiday. The booking deposit is accepted as a first instalment of the holiday price by Passionate Discoveries only once the booking has been confirmed in writing. In case of guaranteed or non-cancellable components being part of your package, we may require a higher booking deposit to confirm your travel arrangements.
- 4.2 Deposit and final payment will be converted to the local currency at point of booking. Conversion is based on the prevailing exchange rate at time of full/balance payment. Please check with us at time of payment. Any refunds will be processed in accordance with the applicable ROE at such time. Any currency conversion loss will be borne by the traveller.
- 4.3 Any special meal requirements or travel needs will be made on a request basis only. Passionate Discoveries cannot guarantee special meal or travel need requests nor will it assume any responsibility or liability if these special requirements are not fulfilled.
6. IF YOU CANCEL
- 5.1 The balance of the holiday price must be paid no later than 45 days or as specified in writing before the scheduled holiday departure date.
- 5.2 If payment isn't made by the due date, Passionate Discoveries may assume that you have cancelled and cancellation charges in accordance with the specified clauses will be levied.
- 5.3 Tickets and other documents will not be forwarded until full payment has been received by us.
- 5.4 In the case of Late Bookings made within 45 days of your departure, full cost of the holiday will be payable immediately on booking and we reserve the right to provide all travel documents only after receiving the full cost payable.
- 5.5 Passionate Discoveries reserves the right to cancel the booking and apply cancellation charges should payments not be received within the above specified periods.
- 6.1 Notice of cancellation must be made in writing to Passionate Discoveries.
- 6.2 Upon cancellation you will be liable to pay a percentage of the holiday price (land package) and is calculated as follows:
|PERIOD OF NOTICE
More than 45 days notice
Deposit amount or as specified in writing
25% of trip fare
50% of trip fare
75% of trip fare
Less than 07 days
100% of trip fare
Cancellation policy may differ in certain cases due to airline & internal flight ticketing timeframes & ground transport confirmations which will be communicated at the confirming the booking.
7. SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- 6.3 In the event that you should not be granted a visa, the above cancellation liabilities will still be applicable.
- 6.4 Any changes in the cancellation policies will be confirmed in writing at the time of confirming the booking.
- 6.5 If flight changes are requested after the deposit has been received, or if flights are cancelled after tickets are issued, revision fees, change fees or Airline cancellation fees will be applicable and maybe in addition to the above cancellation charges.
- 6.6 If after your booking has been confirmed, you wish to change to an alternative departure date, transfer your booking to some other package, you may do so subject to a period of reasonable notice and acceptance of any amendment charges thereof in writing. Cancellation of one booking and transfer to another option may still attract penalties as mentioned above.
- 7.1 Passionate Discoveries must be advised of any medical conditions or physical disability requiring special attention before you book your holiday. If you do not advise us at this stage, we may refuse to accept your booking. We may also refuse you if we feel that the holiday chosen is not suitable. We will try to help you with your requirements but cannot guarantee to do so, either on our own or our suppliers' (such as hotels, restaurants and excursions) behalf. Many of our holidays involve getting on and off coaches, trains, walking trips and other physical activities. Some holidays may not be suitable for you if you rely on a wheelchair or have certain other disabilities. Should your disability require you to have special assistance, it is a condition of Passionate Discoveries accepting your booking that you provide evidence satisfactory to us that an able-bodied person will accompany you and is able to provide any special needs or services that you may require. We will not be responsible for the failure of this person to provide these services.
- 7.2 You are responsible for all travel arrangements and costs to/from the point of commencement/conclusion of the holiday. Air tickets arrangements is an optional part of the holiday and will be booked only receiving a request and written acceptance on the prices offered.
- 7.3 You agree to comply with the authority and decisions of the Passionate Discoveries Representative and the laws of the country in which you are travelling. If you do not so comply or if, you are not compatible with the general enjoyment and well being of other fellow travellers on the holiday or smooth operation of the holiday itself, we reserve the right to refuse to let you continue with the holiday. We do not tolerate the possession or carriage of illegal or restricted substances. Furthermore, you agree that your fellow travellers and any Representative has the right to travel/work in a safe environment. Any threats to their safety, well being or inappropriate behaviour by you, whether verbal or physical, will be taken extremely seriously and may result in the immediate termination of your holiday. In either event, you will be responsible for your own repatriation and related costs and have no claims against us.
- 7.4 You are responsible for any costs incurred as a result of damage or excess cleaning fees or maintenance related to your accommodation. You are advised to immediately report any pre-existing damage in your room to hotel staff as soon as it is discovered.
- 7.5 It is your responsibility to have a valid passport and all visas, permits and certificates required for your selected holiday as well as any necessary vaccinations and to comply with all applicable laws. Passionate Discoveries is not responsible for any costs incurred as a result of failing to obtain necessary visas. Any costs whatsoever regarding obtaining, replacing or changing visas whilst on a trip (including accommodation, meals, flights and transfers incurred due to associated delays) are at your own expense.
- 7.6 Should you have a complaint in respect of the holiday, you should inform our Representative during the course of the holiday and if the matter cannot be resolved after the Representative's best endeavours to do so during the holiday, your complaint should be made in writing to Passionate Discoveries as soon as is reasonably possible after the holiday but within 15-30 days thereof so that your complaint can be investigated. Any claims made after the 30 day period will not be considered. If you choose to write to Passionate Discoveries via the Internet, please provide your home address so that we are able to reply to you in writing.
It is compulsory that you take out comprehensive insurance cover for cancellation, personal injury, death, medical expenses, repatriation expenses and evacuation expenses before you travel on a holiday. We strongly recommend your insurance also covers cancellation, personal liability and loss of personal property. Please check that the insurance covers all of the activities that you are going to be participating in. Some policies exclude certain adventure activities. This should be arranged at the time of payment of the deposit and will, in certain circumstances, cover you against loss of deposit or cancellation fees from the date of confirmation of your booking, as shown in the insurance policy. Passionate Discoveries cannot be held responsible for your failure to take out appropriate insurance. You also agree to indemnify us against all third-party claims, actions, damages and remedies which may be brought against us in respect of your participation in the holiday.
9. ILLNESS OR ABSENTEEISM
In the event of your withdrawal from a holiday after the commencement as a result of illness, you must obtain a medical certificate in support of any insurance claim. No refunds will be made for any absence from the trip.
10. WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED IN THE HOLIDAY PRICE
Airfares to and from your holiday destination, airport taxes, passport and visa fees, insurance, laundry, phone calls, beverages, meals not detailed in the itinerary, tips to Trip Managers, Trip Drivers, representatives & local guides, items of a personal nature, excess baggage, optional excursions.
11. WEATHER CONDITIONS
Under no circumstances can we be held responsible for weather conditions, nor can any holiday be cancelled or amended by you at any time on the basis of weather conditions.